DL Cabinet Making – Terms and Conditions
- The Customer refers to the party or parties described on the front of this document.
- DL Cabinetmaking means DL Cabinetmaking Ltd.
- The quotation means the quotation of the supply of product as described on the reverse of this document.
- The contract means the agreement arising out of acceptance by the customer of the quotation.
- The goods mean’s cabinets and any other items described in this document.
DL Cabinet Making – Conditions
The time of delivery and installation are only an estimate, and until all documentation (i.e. appliance details etc.) and signed production drawings are received, delivery is not binding on DL Cabinetmaking. It is the customer’s responsibility to provide all relevant documents including model #’s and specifications of any items to be built into or that will have an effect on joinery. Once signed production drawings are received and delivery date is confirmed in writing DL Cabinetmaking will make its best endeavours to deliver the kitchen or joinery on time. DL Cabinetmaking cannot however be responsible for any delays caused by any matters beyond its control.
2. WRITTEN CONTRACT
This written document and the final production drawings/plans constitute the whole of the contract and any prior discussions, representations or drawings are excluded.
I the customer have read the payment terms on the front of this document and agree to make all payments strictly as listed. Failing to do so will result in your account being forwarded to a Debt collection agency and all costs including DL Cabinetmaking’s administrators fees will be added to the total outstanding. DL Cabinetmaking reserves the right to charge compounding interest at the rate of 4% per week on the unpaid balance.
4. VARIATIONS TO CONTRACT
Variations to this contract may only be made in writing, and by the consent of both parties.
5. SUPPLY OF INFORMATION/ITEMS
Any information not confirmed, or items to be supplied or selected by the client at the time of entering this contract shall be confirmed in writing by the client allowing enough time for the items to be ordered and delivered to the factory, or to achieve the arranged installation date. If the unconfirmed information/items are received too late to arrange the goods or use of the information/items to achieve the installation date the client agrees to pay any additional costs that may result in fitting the said goods/items on site at a later date.
If any part of this agreement is found to be unlawful unenforceable, or impossible to preform, that part of the contract shall be severed from the remainder and all other provisions of the contact shall remain in force.
If the customer for any reason is unable, or is unwilling to accept delivery on the date confirmed, DL Cabinetmaking is entitled to charge storage at the rate of $50 per day for each day the goods remains undelivered.
The goods remain the property of DL Cabinetmaking until paid for full and the customer acknowledges it will hold the goods as balance only until all moneys are paid to DL Cabinetmaking.
9. NATURAL PRODUCTS WAIVER
Stone and Timber products are made from natural materials that will have colour; grain and shade are not recognized as defects in stone or timber. Any samples of the products exhibited to or inspected by the customer is acknowledged to be solely for the purpose of enabling a judgement and guide as to quality of the bulk before buying, and not as to constitute a sale by sample.
10. RISK & INSURANCE
Risk: The goods are at your risk once delivered to your site.
Insurance: If you request us in writing to insure the Goods against loss or damage occurring after delivery to the site, to insure your property whilst the goods are being installed on site, we will arrange such insurance at your cost and that cost must be paid in full before delivery of the goods to your site.
11. COINCIDENTAL HAPPENINGS
In the event that problems with power supply, water supply, drainage or any other issues which may indirectly occur and coincide with DL Cabinetmaking’s installation, DL Cabinetmaking does not accept responsibility for such occurrences and you, the client acknowledge that any expenditure required to rectify such problems is at your expense. You agree that you cannot make a claim against DL Cabinetmaking or any employee of DL Cabinetmaking.
The price quoted covers provision of electric or gas outlets to an existing supply within the room in which the kitchen is to be installed, but does not include the following:
- Making good any defects in the structure of the walls,ceiling and floor that will be used to support the kitchen.
- Installation of appliance other than building the cabinets to the manufactures specifications. If any of the above items of works specified in item (1) are required to be carried out then the cost of completion of these works will be at the sole cost and expense of the customer and will be charged at DL Cabinetmaking’s ruling rates. I/We further understand that any additional cost incurred due to unforeseen trade work arising from the removal of the old kitchen/cabinetry will be borne by the customer.
13. WORK NOT INCLUDED IN THE CONTRACT
Unless specially set forth in the contract the work does not include any plumbing electrical, appliance installation, ducting, quading, bench top scribing, any silicone work, flooring, tiling, painting, decoration, or any other construction or work nor does it include the stripping of old tiles or floor
coverings and the removal of any existing kitchen units or other obstructions from the area where the work is to be carried out. (Unless specified on the front of this document) The customer will remove any such as old tiles, kitchen units or other obstructions from the said area prior to the expected date of commencement referred to in the contract.
In accordance with the consumers guarantees act, DL Cabinetmaking warrants that:
- The work will be performed in a proper workmanlike manner and in accordance with the plans and speciation’s set out in the contract;
- That all materials supplied by DL Cabinetmaking will be good and suitable for the purpose for which they are used and that, unless otherwise stated in the contract, those materials supplied will be new;
- The work will be done accordance with, and will comply with, this or any other law.
- The work will be done with due diligence and within the time stipulated in the contract, or if no time is stipulated, within a reasonable time;
15. SPECIAL CONDITIONS
- Lift access, site access and doorways will affect the size of materials used in panels, cabinets, bench tops, marble work etc. It may be necessary to add additional joins to these items to complete the work.
- All costs incurred for repeat site visits will be at the sole cost and expense of the customer and will be charged at DL Cabinetmaking’s ruling rates.